Mindfulness Courses at The Float Spa
At The Float Spa in Hove we have a range of mindfulness courses to suit. From beginners short 4 week courses to the full extended 8 week version.
Mindfulness 8 Week Course
Limited to 4 spaces, so booking in advance is essential.
8 week Course – £160
This course is an introduction to mindfulness and how it can be used as a tool to reduce stress and bring peace into our lives. Each week there will be homework including a mindfulness meditation to practice, suggested additional reading and recommended audio/visual resources. Handouts will provided throughout the course and an audio recording of the key meditations used will be made available.
- What is mindfulness?
- How does it work?
- How do you do it?
- Body relaxation meditation and body awareness
- Can’t meditate / won’t meditate! – overcoming the difficulties, and dispelling the myths.
- Mindfulness and the brain
- Focus vs distraction
- ‘Digital dementia’ / Cognitive skills
- How the brain rewires itself
- Effect of meditation on the physical brain
- Mindfulness and Stress
- The stress response
- Causes of stress and displacement stress
- The importance of the breath – breathing techniques
- Practicing PAUSE
- The ego and projection
- What is the ego and how does it affect my life?
- What is projection and how does it affect my life?
- Negative self-talk
- Byron Katie exercises
- Mindful eating
- Diet and stress
- ‘Mindless’ eating and its affects
- Mindful eating – practice
- How thinking affects nutrition in the body
- Mindfulness and Gratitude
- Practicing gratitude and appreciation
- The benefits of gratitude
- Gratitude lists
- What if I don’t feel grateful?
- Mindfulness, resistance and acceptance
- What is resistance? How do I spot it? How do I overcome it?
- What are my blocks?
- Clearing the blocks meditation
- Practicing acceptance
- Mindfulness, love and compassion
- Effects on the body of compassion and love
- Cultivating compassion for self and others
- Mindful self-care
- Loving Kindness Meditation
Beginners 4 week mindfulness course
Monday morning mindfulness – part 1
Time: 7.30 a.m. – 8.30 a.m.
Course dates: 14/11; 21/11; 5/12; 12/12 (please note there is a break on the 28th Nov)
– An introduction to basic mindfulness principles
– Looking at four of the mindfulness ‘attitudes’ which can reduce daily stress
– Being present / Non-judgement / Acceptance / Kindness
– Morning mindful meditation – a gentle movement practice to energize us and get ready for the day ahead.